Members Code of Conduct
Stagestars School of Performing and Creative Arts is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all students. The School believes that it is important that students, teachers, parents and spectators associated with Stagestars should, at all times, show respect for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, all members of Stagestars Scotland should comply by this Code of Conduct.
- Stagestars Scotland is a school in which all members are expected to respect the rights of others and to support and encourage themselves and others to reach the highest standards. We have basic rules based around common sense and the adage that ‘one should treat others as you would like them to treat you’.
- Show respect to students and teachers at all times and do not address them in a
negative or condescending manner.
- Always be friendly and encouraging to your fellow students and staff.
- Treat all participants, as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or
take unfair advantage of another person.
- All members, staff and parents must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- In auditions and competitions, be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a modest winner and good loser. Always respect the decision of the teacher or judge as final, and believe that the decision has been made in the best interest of all concerned.
- Always speak to a member of staff with any concerns you may have regarding bullying,
unfair treatment or any other personal matter related to Stagestars.
- If the matter is not resolved by your teacher, or the matter concerns your teacher, refer
the matter to Seonaid Clark.
- In the rare event of a major failing of behaviour or repeated series of failings Stagestars reserves the right to temporarily or permanently exclude a student from the School. In the event of this tuition fees are not refunded
- Members must wear appropriate uniform, team kit or costume for lessons and events as agreed with the staff.
- Keep all long hair tied back. Remove or tape all body jewellery.
My daughter has been attending Stagestars for over three years and has enjoyed a variety of activities including messy play and ballet and now currently attends gymnastics and the junior school. The classes they offer are fantastic, my daughter is always so enthusiastic to attend and delighted coming home showing off new skills she’s been learning. The staff are brilliant, all so friendly towards the whole family, and we all look forward to getting some home bakes in the cafe too. My daughter had her 5th birthday party here and their attention to detail was second to none, nothing was too big of an ask.
I really enjoy singing, dancing and acting so Stagestars is perfect for me! It’s great fun and I have met new people from other schools. My favourite time is Show time!
I love gymnastics. My favourite things are doing circle ups on the bars and handsprings on the air track. The coaches are so nice and they always encourage me to try new things!
Many thanks to Margaret and Seonaid for the excellent keyboard and music reading skills my daughter has learnt during the group keyboard lessons at Stagestars. The most fantastic thing of all is that she has so much fun during the lessons, that the learning seems to be happening without her even realising! A brilliant way to learn musical skills for primary ages, thanks Stagestars!
My Son has attended the Stagestars Junior class for two years now.
This 1 hr class is the highlight of his week and I cannot recommend it enough!
As well as learning fantastic new skills and techniques in relation to Singing, dancing, and Drama, the class has helped him to be able to express himself, to gain in confidence and self esteem and allowed him the opportunity to meet other children with similar likes and interests to him.
I cannot praise the staff enough for their commitment, enthusiasm and passion they show in how they teach the children, getting to know them not just as a class but as individuals with different skills and strengths.
Thank you to everyone at Stagestars!