Members Code of Conduct
Stagestars School of Performing and Creative Arts is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of all students. The School believes that it is important that students, teachers, parents and spectators associated with Stagestars should, at all times, show respect for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, all members of Stagestars Scotland should comply by this Code of Conduct.
- Stagestars Scotland is a school in which all members are expected to respect the rights of others and to support and encourage themselves and others to reach the highest standards. We have basic rules based around common sense and the adage that ‘one should treat others as you would like them to treat you’.
- Show respect to students and teachers at all times and do not address them in a
negative or condescending manner.
- Always be friendly and encouraging to your fellow students and staff.
- Treat all participants, as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or
take unfair advantage of another person.
- All members, staff and parents must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- In auditions and competitions, be prepared to lose sometimes. Everyone wins and loses at some time. Be a modest winner and good loser. Always respect the decision of the teacher or judge as final, and believe that the decision has been made in the best interest of all concerned.
- Always speak to a member of staff with any concerns you may have regarding bullying,
unfair treatment or any other personal matter related to Stagestars.
- If the matter is not resolved by your teacher, or the matter concerns your teacher, refer
the matter to Seonaid Clark.
- In the rare event of a major failing of behaviour or repeated series of failings Stagestars reserves the right to temporarily or permanently exclude a student from the School. In the event of this tuition fees are not refunded
- Members must wear appropriate uniform, team kit or costume for lessons and events as agreed with the staff.
- Keep all long hair tied back. Remove or tape all body jewellery.
My daughter has been attending Stagestars for the past five years. She attends a variety of classes including dance, gymnastics and the Performing Arts School. I cannot speak highly enough of them. The teaching standard and experiences offered are of an excellent and professional standard. The team are friendly, caring and extremely committed to ensure the pupils reach their full potential. Thank you Stagestars for cultivating a lifelong love for the arts in our children.
Many thanks to Margaret and Seonaid for the excellent keyboard and music reading skills my daughter has learnt during the group keyboard lessons at Stagestars. The most fantastic thing of all is that she has so much fun during the lessons, that the learning seems to be happening without her even realising! A brilliant way to learn musical skills for primary ages, thanks Stagestars!
My son looks forward to his Stagestars class every Thursday and has been attending now for 4 years. Having the mix of the three classes is just fantastic; music, drama and dance, which I feel gives a much stronger rounded performer. The school is like a second family to him and it’s wonderful that he is not the only boy, which used to be case at other dance classes he tried. It’s also wonderful for him to mix with children away from his day to day schooling, which will help him not only in performance, but the bigger social picture of life. Traveling 40miles is a commitment, but one worth having and getting home late after 9, but with a total buzz of what the new song or dance move is. Wonderful to see such enthusiasm and passion from a thirteen year old boy. Thank you Seonaid and the whole team.
My daughter Ellie started with Stagestars PAS 4 years ago aged 8. Since starting she has been involved in two big shows and a number of other performances which she has loved and which have given her opportunities to learn in performing arts and grow with her self confidence. I too have thoroughly enjoyed learning and seeing for myself how things go backstage after helping behind the scenes of two big show performances. The work and commitment that goes into the shows is fantastic both from staff and students and the pride that the students show in themselves and each other is amazing! It was truly great to see! Staff are fantastic and Ellie has become especially fond of all her teachers there. I would and will always recommended Stagestars to anyone. It is a great place where the kids can relax, let go, be themselves and have lots of fun with some very talented mentors.
My daughter has been attending Stagestars for over three years and has enjoyed a variety of activities including messy play and ballet and now currently attends gymnastics and the junior school. The classes they offer are fantastic, my daughter is always so enthusiastic to attend and delighted coming home showing off new skills she’s been learning. The staff are brilliant, all so friendly towards the whole family, and we all look forward to getting some home bakes in the cafe too. My daughter had her 5th birthday party here and their attention to detail was second to none, nothing was too big of an ask.